Great Achievement from Exhibiting Online and Onsite:
Fastener World at M-Tech Osaka 2021
Open from October 6 to 8, the largest industrial show in west Japan closed with success by having 810 exhibitors to participate. The 3-day show had a total of 16.9 thousand visitors. Among 7 concurrent shows of the machinery and components industry, M-Tech was where Fastener World exhibited both online and onsite.
Fastener World’s onsite representative in Japan was handing out Fastener World Magazines, China Fastener World Magazines, and Hardware & Fastener Components Magazines to visitors. Taiwan has increasingly gained publicity in Japan recently and more Japanese people than ever are taking an interest in Taiwanese products, in addition to the synergy of an ever intimate bond between Taiwan and Japan. On the first day of the show, the onsite representative witnessed many Japanese fastener buyers dropping by to get their hands on Fastener World publications. The representative asked the buyers and found many of them were in urgent need of seeking overseas sources of purchase after the pandemic outbreak. Taiwan providing high quality fasteners at relatively competitive prices becomes one of their options to purchase from. Quite a few Japanese buyers visited Fastener World’s booth and stated that they sought Fastener World’s assistance to locate Taiwanese suppliers.
To answer the inquiries from onsite buyers, a Japanese-speaking Fastener World specialist was standing by online to work in tandem with the onsite representative through Zoom chat to help the buyers find Taiwanese suppliers. The specialist talked online with Japanese buyers each day of the show, including a large-scale industrial product distributor, an end-user company looking for thread rolling dies, a buyer for fastener manufacturing machines, and more. Based on what we experienced from this show, we have rounded up Japanese buyers’ criteria in selecting Taiwanese suppliers:
(1) Better to have JIS certificates and past work experience with Japanese companies.
(2) Ability to provide customized or standard products. (Standard products may have to be mass-produced.)
(3) Accepting to cooperate with Japan’s stringent quality check.
(4) The Japanese buyers look for long-term suppliers rather than a single purchase.
(5) Accepting large and/or small batch purchase orders designating box packaging or bag packaging, depending on products.
(6) The Japanese buyers prefer communicating with Japanese speaking contacts, or less preferably English speaking contacts. Few Japanese buyers employ Chinese speaking personnel to communicate on the purchase.
These criteria signifies that Taiwanese suppliers must regard Japanese buyers as a long-term partner if they want to tap into the Japanese supply chain. They have to try the best to provide Japanese or English support to reduce communication barriers. So far, Fastener World has successfully connected Japanese buyers to Taiwanese suppliers with remarkable results. We hope to continue to create business opportunities for Taiwanese and Japanese fastener industries in the next edition of M-Tech Osaka which will be open again on October 5 to 7, 2022.